2013-10-16

Update II on sticky / tacky reaper bones after priming

SO the shellac I ordered from Amazon has fixed the tackiness on all the minis I have used it on, and gives them a great shiny finish - I know a lot of people out there love matte finish, so for those people you may need something else.  But it has rescued a number of minis that would otherwise have been lost forever - i.e. so tacky they were sticking to other minis and losing chunks of paint.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009X8HWG/ref=ox_ya_os_product


Going forward - I got Army painter primer for my reaper bones - and it worked great - no tackiness at all - so I recommend that.  Also it is on the Dwarven Forge game tiles recommended primer list.

2 comments:

Mike Lawler said...

If it removes the tacky but is shiny and people want matte, all they have to do after the shellac is hit it with a matte coat. Finescale modelers commonly hit their models with a gloss coat prior to matte.

quorthon13 said...

Good point - once I seal stuff I tend to consider it "done" - but that'd be a great way to resolve that for people who want it matte.